Issue 10 submissions are open July 1-September 30, 2022!
What We Look For:
Here at Tiny Spoon, we are especially interested in experimental work, although not exclusively. If you’ve had trouble finding a home for your work because it doesn’t fit into generally recognized categories, chances are your home is right here with us.
We seek work that pushes the boundaries of conventional genres; work that is daring, experimental, innovative, quirky, thoughtful, vulnerable, electric, eccentric. In other words, your inner workings expanded and exposed, raw and immediate; your fragile soul parted at the seams into our bound paper glossary of tiny wonder. Your voice is beautiful, edgy, infinite, and unique, and we want to raise it.
Please take a moment to review our guidelines before submitting.
We look forward to reading your work!
- Format text: sent as .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf
- Art: .jpeg or .tif
- Please label the file “Last Name_Title of Work”
- Length per piece: 1,000 words max
- Font: 12 pt Garamond or a similar font
- Up to three pieces per submission. Any additional work after the first three will not be reviewed. Please refrain from inserting text submissions directly into the body of the email.
- Please limit to one submission per issue.
- Simultaneous submissions allowed. Please let us know if it is published elsewhere.
- Submissions are free!
- Please provide a one sentence bio about yourself.
- Cover letters are not required, but you may send one if you’d like. We won’t show preference based on this.
- You will maintain the rights to your work; if it is published elsewhere or in a collection, we simply ask that you give us credit for first publication.
- Submitted work will be considered for our print and/or online blog, which allows us to accept more submissions since print space is limited.
Tiny Spoon’s submissions are open July 1-September 30, 2022 for Issue 10.
Please use the form to submit your work: https://forms.gle/idMv25racwcb7Z7KA
Upon submitting to Tiny Spoon, we will add you to our monthly newsletter to be sure you are updated on all the latest information regarding submission calls and reading processes so you are always aware of the status of your work. Generally, it takes us 3-6 months to read through our submissions. Please use the newsletter and social media to gauge where we might be in the process in lieu of individual emails–we will always let you know as soon as we have made our final decisions!
For our contributors in North America, we send a complimentary copy of the issue in which they appear.
If outside North America, due to budgeting costs and the fact they often get lost in the mail, instead of a physical copy, we provide a printable version of the magazine and instructions for assembly.
Help Sustain Tiny Spoon!
As our subscriptions fund our magazine and help us to publish and expand, if you are financially able, we recommend a donation to our tip jar of $2-5 for submissions.