ISSUE 3: CONSUMPTION
We’re currently taking submissions for our first ever themed issue CONSUMPTION due out Fall 2019! Work that adheres to the theme in its vastness will have the best chances of acceptance. Submissions for this issue will close at the end of August, and submissions for the following issue will open at that time with a new theme.
RECIPE CONTEST will also be featured in this issue!
Think: poetic recipe, hybrid recipe instructions / essay, recipe for disaster. Create a poetic ritual or recipe, then write a poem around it. Use ingredient cards, combine mystical + non-mystical + feelings +sensations + physical objects to combine what you need.
(Please limit to 3 pieces per submission, up to 4 pages per prose piece.)
Tiny Spoon accepts submissions on a rolling basis. Please send all submissions directly to our email: email@example.com.
Our guidelines are below. Please take a moment to review them before submitting. We look forward to reading your work!
What We Look For:
Here at Tiny Spoon, we are especially interested in experimental work, although not exclusively. If you’ve had trouble finding a home for your work because it doesn’t fit into generally recognized categories, chances are your home is right here with us.
We seek work that pushes the boundaries of conventional genres; work that is daring, experimental, innovative, quirky, thoughtful, vulnerable, electric, eccentric. In other words, your inner workings expanded and exposed, raw and immediate; your fragile soul parted at the seams into our bound paper glossary of tiny wonder. Your voice is beautiful, edgy, infinite, and unique, and we want to raise it.
- Format text: sent as .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf
- Art: .jpeg or .tif
- Please label the file “Last Name_Title of Work”
- Length per piece: 1,000 words max
- Font: 12 pt Garamond or a similar font
- Up to three pieces per submission. Any additional work after the first three will not be reviewed.
- Simultaneous submissions allowed. Please let us know if it is published elsewhere.
- Submissions are free!
- Please provide a one sentence bio about yourself.
- Cover letters are not required, but you may send one if you’d like. We won’t show preference based on this.