Call is currently closed. CUT / COPY / PASTE : The Remix will open soon.
True to our mission, our next two issues will work in tandem with one another as a creative, collaborative experiment.
Our next issue CUT / COPY / PASTE: The Original will have an open submission call with a unique caveat–while this issue will be printed and released as usual, all pieces included will be open for use in the second iteration in this series: The Remix. We ask that collaborators be comfortable with others collaging or incorporating their work in new ways.
CUT / COPY / PASTE: The Remix, the subsequent issue, will integrate elements of the first. We will ask contributors to use pieces of CUT / COPY / PASTE: The Original in their submission, doing just as the name suggests to see what happens from repurposing, reorienting, and collaging. Some elements may be of original design, but all must obviously incorporate text or image from the first. This call for submission will open once contributors of the first have been finalized.
(Please limit to 3 pieces per submission, up to 4 pages per prose piece.)
Tiny Spoon’s submissions are currently closed. Please send all submissions directly to our email: email@example.com.
Our guidelines are below. Please take a moment to review them before submitting. We look forward to reading your work!
What We Look For:
Here at Tiny Spoon, we are especially interested in experimental work, although not exclusively. If you’ve had trouble finding a home for your work because it doesn’t fit into generally recognized categories, chances are your home is right here with us.
We seek work that pushes the boundaries of conventional genres; work that is daring, experimental, innovative, quirky, thoughtful, vulnerable, electric, eccentric. In other words, your inner workings expanded and exposed, raw and immediate; your fragile soul parted at the seams into our bound paper glossary of tiny wonder. Your voice is beautiful, edgy, infinite, and unique, and we want to raise it.
- Format text: sent as .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf
- Art: .jpeg or .tif
- Please label the file “Last Name_Title of Work”
- Length per piece: 1,000 words max
- Font: 12 pt Garamond or a similar font
- Up to three pieces per submission. Any additional work after the first three will not be reviewed. Please refrain from inserting text submissions directly into the body of the email.
- You may submit up to two emails of submissions per issue.
- Simultaneous submissions allowed. Please let us know if it is published elsewhere.
- Submissions are free!
- Please provide a one sentence bio about yourself.
- Cover letters are not required, but you may send one if you’d like. We won’t show preference based on this.
- You will maintain the rights to your work; if it is published elsewhere or in a collection, we simply ask that you give us credit for first publication.
- Submitted work will be considered for our print and/or online blog, which allows us to accept more submissions since print space is limited.
For our contributors in North America, we send a complimentary copy of the issue in which they appear.
If outside North America, due to budgeting costs and the fact they often get lost in the mail, instead of a physical copy, we provide a printable version of the magazine and instructions for assembly.
Upon submitting to Tiny Spoon, we will add you to our monthly newsletter to be sure you are updated on all the latest information regarding submission calls and reading processes so you are always aware of the status of your work. Generally, it takes us 3-6 months to read through our submissions. Please use the newsletter and social media to gauge where we might be in the process in lieu of individual emails–we will always let you know as soon as we have made our final decisions!